Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sensory Hands


Sensory Hands...These are cheap and easy to make and virtually free to make.  I used non-latex gloves that were donated to me.  I filled each glove with a different texture (flour, rice, split peas, kidney beans, cotton balls, oatmeal and I think they are red beans).  Any filling will work and flour is the favorite one.  It is super soft and fun to play with.  I used string and made lots of knots to tie them off.  I have had these hands for a couple of years and they have yet to break open.  But if they do, they are easy to re-make :-)  I have also seen this done with balloons (you just fill a balloon and don't inflate them).


5 comments:

  1. I just made some of these. Great idea for the science area! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. What activities do the children typically do with them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was planing to made but Some one warned me that it might be dangerous for little kids ..above mentioned beans are having weight..can be cause problem in breathing for baby..

    ReplyDelete